Learn how to think, work, and build like a startup in 54 thrilling hours. Techstars Startup Weekend is an exciting and immersive foray into the world of startups. Over an action-packed three days, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors to show you how to get more done faster — and, maybe even start that business.
What is a Techstars Startup Weekend?
- A startup weekend is a 3-day programme designed for those who want to learn how to start their own business by taking a raw idea from concept to creation.
- Techstars is a global community of local event organisers in more than 100 cities worldwide – supporting and empowering more budding entrepreneurs than ever before!
- An opportunity to transform your rough ideas into a business model in just 54 hours, then pitch the idea to a panel of judges
- A gathering of rockstars where you can network, collaborate, and learn new skills
- An immersive learning experience that leads to a certificate in startup innovation!
Why Plymouth Startup Weekend Culture and Tourism?
Condé Nast Traveller magazine picked Britain’s Ocean City as one of the top ten places to travel in 2020. Plymouth was also recognised as one of the top ten cities in the UK to launch a business, and it’s no wonder; we are incredibly lucky to be part of a city thriving with ingenuity and enterprise.
But it’s no secret that the last few years have been tough for the culture and tourism industry – however, it is in tough times when the most successful companies have been born! Now is the time to take your ideas for a new product, service or experience and bring them to life!
In collaboration with startup partners and innovation experts from a range of business backgrounds we’re inviting creative people from all across Plymouth, AND BEYOND, to join us for a Startup Weekend.
We want to find those new and innovative ideas that will improve Culture and Tourism GLOBALLY and help bring them to life.
Friday Night – we pitch ideas, vote, and form teams around the top voted ideas.
Saturday – With the help of your team, expert mentors, and workshops, you’ll start turning your idea into a business.
Sunday – You’ll build a pitch deck that will be presented to a panel of business all-stars from around the community.
What do you need to bring?
- Notepad, laptop, or tablet device
- Business cards (optional)
- Anything else that helps you to be most productive
- And lastly, lots of energy!
How do I register? Plymouth Startup Weekend is a full, weekend long experience – 54 hours to be exact! Anyone can register by Thursday 10th March, and your ticket includes:
- 7 delicious meals over the course of the weekend and lots of coffee
- benefits and discounts from Techstars global partners
- one-on-one time with amazing mentors
- a new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world
- 3-4 workshops, multiple speakers and a whole lot of inspiration
- a certificate for taking part to show off
What next? Check out our highlights video for an idea of what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the ‘Register’ button now! Still have questions? Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Facebook page.
This activity is led by the University of Plymouth and is part of the iMayflower project. iMayflower is supported by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport through the Cultural Development Fund which is administered by Arts Council England. Find out more about the University of Plymouth’s activity here.
Register your place HERE.