• Do you like writing creatively, or would just like to try?
• Does nature inspire you?
• Are you concerned about climate change? Or our impact on the planet?
• Are you interested in writing as a form of record/archive/prompting change?
• Would you like to write about environmental issues, responsibilities, or imaginative, sustainable futures?
If so, please join us to experiment with words and experience writing in new forms in a friendly, relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
What to expect:
Creative writing prompts
A space to plan, develop and discuss your work
A community of writers
Types of writing:
Short Stories, Travel Writing, Writing for Children, Life Writing, Poetry, Historical/Contemporary Fiction, Crime, Nonfiction, Sci-fi, Speculative Fiction
Impact of climate change (local/global, human/planet); positive practice/activism; sustainable living
Plymouth Climate Centre (the old Waterstones), 67 New George St, PL1 1RJ
What to bring:
Nothing – just interest and enthusiasm
Free of charge (booking necessary)
Book your free place HERE.
Who is this for:
Everyone over 16
Workshop Dates & Times:
- Friday 28th October 2- 4pm
- Sat 29th October 11.30-1.30pm
- Friday 4th November 10-12 noon OR 2-4pm*
- Friday 11th November 10-12 noon OR 2-4pm*
- Saturday 19th November 10-12 noon OR 2-4pm*
- Saturday 26th November 10-12 noon OR 2-4pm*
Tutor: Helen Thomas (WORDKITCHEN) is a poet, author and academic. She is passionate about literature and creative writing and has many years of experience teaching at universities, schools, and within communities.
Part of the C-Care Meanwhile Use and High Street Heritage Action Zone Culture Programmes