Plymouth’s popular History Festival returns for 2023 – and this year the focus is on community and diversity.
Discover more about the city’s heritage at a series of great events that will be taking place at The Box, The Plot and across the city between 30 September and 6 October 2023.
The programme includes talks, guided walks and displays, plus special Opening and Closing events.
At the opening event you can expect:
• 10am-4pm: Information stalls from 20+ local and history groups in Active Archives
• 10am-4pm: Conservation in Action: ‘Lady Jane Grey at Her Place of Execution’ by Solomon Hart
• 11.30am: Opening Presentations led by Victoria Pomery and Rachel Hawadi
• 11.45am: Performance by Bola – Nigerian poet
• TBC: Behind-the-scenes tours and display in The Cottonian Research Room
• TBC: Black History Bus in collaboration with Diversity Business Incubator and Plymouth Citybus
Get full details here.