Made in Plymouth is made by Plymouth Culture, the organisation set up to support the city’s cultural sector. This website is a dedicated guide to the city’s culture, its creatives, innovators and romantics.
It is a new digital platform for Plymouth, designed to promote, celebrate and explore the culture sector.
It has three main aims:
- To attract people to take part, visit and enjoy cultural venues and events in Plymouth
- To show off and celebrate the sector’s people and their work
- To give a positive representation of Plymouth’s culture, attracting people to the city and persuading artists and creatives to stay
Funky Llama, Theare Royal Plymouth. Picture by Dom Moore
This new website and supporting campaign is part of Plymouth Culture’s response to the challenges of Covid-19 and to support the cultural sector through recovery from the pandemic and the post-Covid landscape at a time when Plymouth is experiencing international attention through the openings of cultural beacons such as The Box.
What will you find here?
The website is split into three main areas:
- Events – a selected event listing service, including edited highlights from a diverse range of organisations in Plymouth.
- People – profiles of the artists and creatives working in Plymouth and documenting their work.
- Places – cultural venues in Plymouth, where to find them and why to visit.
The website has been created by Plymouth Culture, supported by its funders including Arts Council England and Plymouth City Council.
Street Art by Nina Raines in Devonport
If you would like to get in touch with us, submit an event or an idea for what we should be covering, get in touch via the forms on the Contact page.